Saturday, December 20, 2008

Get a Massage


As a Christmas present, my wife got me a professional massage from a local clinic. It has been years since my last professional massage. I forgot how it makes everyday stress melt away. I can now see why she goes to a chiropractor and massage therapist regularly. Here are a few reasons why you should treat yourself to a massage:



Health
According to holisticonline.com, "Massage improves circulation, which increases blood flow, bringing fresh oxygen to body tissues. This can assist the elimination of waste products, speed healing after injury, and enhance recovery from disease." It is easy to forget that your body is your most import possession, and should be treated with care.

Cost
Most of us can't afford to shell out cash for a regular massage, so check with your health insurance. My wife only pays $15.00 for each hour session, up to 45 times a year. That is almost one a week for the same price as your weekly coffee addiction.

Time
A single hour can easily fit into even the busiest of schedules, and many places schedule outside of standard work week hours.

Enjoyment
Even though, the dull pain from working out my prehistoric knots made it difficult to talk, there is really nothing better than the feeling relaxation after a nice long massage. It allows you to float through the rest of your day, impervious to life nuisances.

I really appreciate my wife's gift, and will try to go get a massage more frequently, because they really do improve the quality of life and are good for the soul.

No comments:

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory