Monday, December 29, 2008

Extreme Resolutions

I am a very systematic person, and love to think up hardcore rules for New Years resolutions. The New Year is a great time to make a conscious life changing decision to better yourself. The sky is the limit, and even if you fall short of your goals at least it's a step in the right direction. Sit down and make a list of achievable goals and email it to yourself so it's time stamped. Keep the subject line of your list the same for upcoming years.This will allow you search and compare your list over the years. I encourage the idea of picking stocks for the year, which was recommended to me by Money Under Thirty. Here are a few of my own personal new years resolutions for 2009:


1. Choke out Uncle Sam in a bare knuckle brawl - I plan to go toe-to-toe with my taxes this year. I have been saving my receipts, researching my new home owner rebate qualifications, tallying up my interests, and tax deductions. When I am through, Uncle Sam will wish he had his own bail out.

2. Go to the Gym or else - I plan follow a strict regiment of going to the gym at least twice a week. If I don't exercise at least twice a week, I will force myself to put $5.00 into my savings account.

3. Save First Spend Later - I will try to automatically deduct 10% of every paycheck and put it in savings, before anything else.

4. Only 2 consecutive Blog Holidays - I hope to write an article on this blog everyday with a maximum of 2 consecutive day off.

5. Beef up my AdSense earnings - I want to be able to tell friends how much I make from this blog each month without them laughing.

6. Home Improvement - I have a couple big projects that I would like to do around the house including, building a fence for the back yard, tearing out a wall in our den, installing granite tile counter tops in the kitchen, and upgrading faucets throughout the bathrooms.

7. Be able to buy a new truck - Notice how I said "be able" to buy a new truck. I will drive our old Ford Exploder until it last breath, which after 160k miles, seem eminently near.

8. Enjoy life with the Wife
- My wife and I have a tendency to both work too hard and not spend enough time doing the fun things we enjoy. I hope this New year we focus more on traveling and fun weekend excursions.

These are just a few of my resolutions. What are you planning for your New Years resolution?

No comments:

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory