1. Choke out Uncle Sam in a bare knuckle brawl - I plan to go toe-to-toe with my taxes this year. I have been saving my receipts, researching my new home owner rebate qualifications, tallying up my interests, and tax deductions. When I am through, Uncle Sam will wish he had his own bail out.
2. Go to the Gym or else - I plan follow a strict regiment of going to the gym at least twice a week. If I don't exercise at least twice a week, I will force myself to put $5.00 into my savings account.
3. Save First Spend Later - I will try to automatically deduct 10% of every paycheck and put it in savings, before anything else.
4. Only 2 consecutive Blog Holidays - I hope to write an article on this blog everyday with a maximum of 2 consecutive day off.
5. Beef up my AdSense earnings - I want to be able to tell friends how much I make from this blog each month without them laughing.
6. Home Improvement - I have a couple big projects that I would like to do around the house including, building a fence for the back yard, tearing out a wall in our den, installing granite tile counter tops in the kitchen, and upgrading faucets throughout the bathrooms.
7. Be able to buy a new truck - Notice how I said "be able" to buy a new truck. I will drive our old Ford Exploder until it last breath, which after 160k miles, seem eminently near.
8. Enjoy life with the Wife - My wife and I have a tendency to both work too hard and not spend enough time doing the fun things we enjoy. I hope this New year we focus more on traveling and fun weekend excursions.
These are just a few of my resolutions. What are you planning for your New Years resolution?