Sunday, March 1, 2009

Salvation Army and Good Will become Trendy

Yesterday, Good Morning America did a segment on the Good Will that glamorizes savings in second hand stores. Having shopped at the Good Will for years, I avidly support this effort. It's very difficult to compete with the prices offered at the Good Will. When I first moved to Washington, I purchased a long winter coat, that I still wear today, for about $16.00. My long daily commute on the train allows me to cycle through books quickly. Sometimes I will pick up a good Tom Clancy book there for about $0.50. It is my favorite place to shop for a Halloween Costumes. You can find all kinds of unique clothing and accessories for pennies on the dollar. They also have tools, electronics, furniture, a plethora of jackets for your kids to loose, and jeans for them to rip when they scrape their knees. Find your nearest second hand/thrift store, and start considering it for more of your day to day purchases. With today's economy, it's "In" this season.

What have you purchased at the Good Will?

No comments:

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory