"Going green" is becoming so widely accepted, that it's becoming the new social norm. All the commercials on TV have green themes, alternative fuel projects are receiving more financial assistance from the government, and people are becoming more recycle conscious.
We are beginning to realize how important it is to take care of our planet, and there are ton's of ways for all of us to do our part. Here are a few simple tips to consider, if you aren't doing them already.
- Consider taking mass transit to work - A train, bus, bike or even carpool is a great way to travel, especially if you work in a dense metropolitan area.
- Bring your own grocery bags to the store - We keep a set of canvas Safeway bags in the trunk of our car. Stores likes when you bring your own bags because it saves them money, regardless if the bag is from the competitor.
- Install Compact florescent bulbs - These energy efficient bulbs will save you money as well as the environment.
- Use a reusable water bottle - Using a water bottle once and throwing it away just doesn't make cents.
- Recycle Batteries - If are not yet using rechargeable batteries, the least you could do is dispose of them properly.
- Set your printer for double sided printing- Most printers have this feature, and it can drastically cut back your paper usage.
Although I am probably the farthest thing from a "tree hugger", I do see the importance of doing my part help. Please comment on ways you are going green.