Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Office Salad: the Cheap and Healthy Lunch

I noticed that some people in my office keep salad fixings in the fridge and make a salad every day for lunch. This strikes me as not only healthy, but also a cost effective way to eat. Last year, I wrote an article call Eat Lunch Every Day for $1, and although it's cheap, it's probably not good for me to eat microwaveable dinners every day. By leaving an assortment of lettuce, tomatoes, vegetables, cheese, and maybe some fruit or meats in the office fridge, I can make a big salad if I am hungry, or a small salad for a snack. There is also one less thing to think about in the morning, you don't have to remember to bring a lunch, but hopefully you remember to throw it out before it goes bad.

Try leaving some salad making supplies in your office fridge and maybe a cutting board/chef knife. It is definitely the healthier way to go.

No comments:

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory