Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Get Rid of Your LAN Line Phone


I have not had a lanline phone for over 7 years and haven't even noticed. Most people these days have a cell phone able to accomodate all of their calling needs. According to the Los Angeles Times, the average lanline phone bill is about $40.00. That means that over the last 7 years, I have save roughly $3,360.00. Occasionally when filling out forms, I am asked for my home phone number. I just put my cell phone number instead, and haven't had a problem yet. Having a lanline is only justified if you live somewhere with little to no cell phone reception, but for most of us a lanline is just a waste of money.


Some cable companies will try to sell you there lanline phone service by incorporating it in their Internet and Cable package. This isn't always cheaper, especially if you don't need the lanline, so make sure to understand the contract before you sign up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... it's actually landline, with a D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landline

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory