Thursday, April 9, 2009

Keep a Spare Change Jar at Work



Like many workplaces, my office has a couple vending machines strategically placed for quick impulse buys. I try to refrain from spending money on junk food and soda, but some times the temptation is too great. However, I have developed a system to limit my consumption by keeping a change jar and only using it's contents to quench my impulses. In a quiet environment such as mine, the jingling of spare change is very noticeable, and can be very disruptive. I am constantly pulling the change from my pocket and putting it in my desk. When I finally got a jar, I was surprised at how quickly it grew. By using the change from the jar, it doesn't feel like I am spending money, and the balance of the jar limits my consumption to about 1 snack or soda each week. It's a win-win situation that provides a simple reward for the occasional hard days work.

No comments:

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory