Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year




The familiar pounding of my head and my sour upset stomach is a constant reminder of last nights escapades. It makes me wonder why people say Happy New Year when the morning after is nothing of the sort.

Just kidding, for once I didn't drink a lot last night, and I am feeling exceptionally well. For those who are not so fortunate, here are some simple tips and tricks to dealing with a menacing hang over.






Drink Water - Wikipedia states that the human body is about 60% water in adult males and 55% in adult females. It makes sense that rehydrating yourself is the best way to feel better.

Eat Greasy Food - There might not be any scientific evidence, but I know I feel a hundred times better after eating a big plate of hash browns or a spicy omelette when I'm hung over.

Out with the Old and in with the New - If you feel nauseous, a quick prayer to the porcelain god might actually make you feel better in the long run. Similarly if you want to catch up on you reading while seated on your favorite throne, that may help also.

Ginger Ale, Bitters, and Keeping the Dream Alive - Ginger ale and seven up help to calm an upset stomach. Some people like to mix in bitters. For the real champions, there is always a bloody Mary or a morning beer to take the edge off.

Sleep-In - If possible sleep-in until you have received at least 10 hours sleep.

Get Up and Exercise - After you have received a sufficient amount of sleep, get up and exercise. I know this is probably the last thing that you want to hear, but it truly helps.

Drugs - Although I rarely take any form of pain reliever like Advil, Tylenol, or Ibuprofen, I do know a lot of people that swear by them.

Tell Yourself you'll Never Drinking Again- Some how it always made me feel better to tell myself that it's the last time I will ever be hung over, and I will never put myself through this agonizing discomfort. We all know this is not true, but it makes me feel better.

How was your night last night, and what do you suggest for a hang over?

No comments:

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory