Sunday, October 26, 2008

Easy Halloween Decorations for Cheap

With Halloween right around the corner, its time to decorate! You don't have to spend buku bucks to make your house the talk of the neighborhood. Here are some simple ideas we did for our murder mystery Halloween party.

An authentic looking Tombstone can be made for only a few bucks, by screwing together an unfinished picket fence slat and regular fence slat. These tomb stones are easy to make and can be quickly mass produced to cover any size yard. Putting them in the ground is also easy, I just split the soil with a shovel, then hammered them in with the spade of the shovel.

Another fun idea is to make a Frankenstein. This one was constructed for a $1.00 . I just used some old clothes and stuffed them full of old newspapers. To give the arms and legs rigidity, I put scrap 2x4's in the clothes before stuffing the news paper.





The one thing that I did buy was cheap Halloween mask at Walmart for $1.00. I figured it was easier, and more realistic, than anything I could make at home. For an added effect, I put my wife's vegetable strainer on top of Frankenstein's head. The I stuck in some scrap wire and tubing found in the garage.

No comments:

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory